MSc. Jae-Gyun Byun
Relationship between tree growth and environmental factors
since 04/2012 PhD student, RWTH Aachen University, Aachen, Germany
03/2009 - 02/2011 Master of Science, Korea University, Seoul, South Korea (Department of Environmental Science and Ecological Engineering, College of Life Science) Thesis Title : Radial growth model for Pinus densiflora and Quercus spp. using tree ring and climate data in South Korea
03/2002 - 08/2008 Bachelor of Science, Pusan National University, Busan, South Korea (Department of Chemistry, College of Natural Sciences) Studienbegleitende Tätigkeiten
01/2012 - 03/2012 Research Fellowship student in RWTH Aachen University, Aachen, Germany
01/2011 - 06/2011 Korea Forest Research Institute (Part: Training student for research), Seoul, Korea
1999 - 2002 Bae-Jeong High school, Busan, Korea
- Byun J, Lee W, Kim M, Kwak D, Kwak H, Park T, Byun W, Son Y, Choi J, Lee Y, Saborowski J, Chung D and Jung J (2013): Radial growth response of Pinus densiflora and Quercus spp. to topographic and climatic factors in South Korea. Journal of Plant Ecology 6(5):380-392.
- Byun JG, Lee WK, Nor DK, Kim SH, Choi JK and Lee YJ (2010): The Relationship Between Tree Radial Growth and Topographic and Climatic Factors in Red Pine and Oak in Central Regions of Korea. Journal of Korea Forest Society 99(6): 908-913.
- Choi HA, Lee WK, Byun JG, Kwak HB, Kim SR, Byun WH (2010): Spatial Distribution and Radial Growth Response of Pinus densiflora to Climatic and Topographical Factors in Central Urban Forest of Seoul, Korea. Journal of Forest Planning 15: 1-7
- Lee WK, Choi HA, Kwak HB, Yoo SJ, Byun JG, Lee BD (2009): Characterization and impact assessment of climate change in Incheon, Korea Environment Corporation.
- Byun, J.G., Lee, W.K., Choi, J.K., Lee, Y,J., Chung, D.J. 2010. 7. 14. Spatial distribution change of forest cover by climate change in Korea. ESRI International User Conference. San Diego Convention Center, America. pp125.
- Byun, J.G., Lee, W.K, Kim, S.H., Nor, D.K., Choi, J.K., Lee, Y.J. 2009. 09. 22.: The relationship between tree radial growth and topographic and climatic factors in central Korea. IUFRO Conference - International Conference on Multipurpose Forest Management - Strategies for Sustainability in a Climate Change Era. Niigata, Japan. pp 43.
- Byun, J.G., Lee, W.K., Nor, D.K., Kim, S.H., Choi, J.K., Lee, Y.J. 2009. 08. 19.: The Relationship between Tree Radial Growth and Topographic and Climatic factors in Central Korea. Korean Forest Society. pp 23.
- Byun J, Bursche V, Hausen J, Krämer K, Roß-Nickoll M, Ottermanns R (2015): Modelling effect of management strategies on beech forest tree growth in the Eifel region (Germany). Poster presentation, 45th Annual Meeting of the Ecological Society of Germany, Austria and Switzerland, 31. August-4. September, Göttingen, Deutschland
- Byun J, Bursche V, Hausen J, Krämer K, Wohlleben P, Schäffer A, Roß-Nickoll M, Ottermanns R (2015): Analyzing difference of management effect by simulating tree growth in differently managed beech forest in Eifel region in Germany. Poster presentation, 8th EU-Korea Conference on Science & Technology 2015, 22.-24. Juli, Straßburg, Frankreich.
- Byun J, Roß-Nickoll M, Schäffer A, Bursche V, Ottermanns R (2014): Analyzing causal relationships between forest management practice and tree growth in beech forests using the DBH/height ratio. Poster presentation, 44th Annual Meeting of the Ecological Society of Germany, Austria and Switzerland, 8.-12. September, Hildesheim, Deutschland
- Byun J, Schäffer A, Henner H, Roß-Nickoll M, Ottermanns R (2014): Relationship between tree growth and environmental factors in managed beech forests in Eifel region in Germany. Poster presentation, 7th EU-Korea Conference on Science & Technology 2014, 23.-24. Juli, Wien, Österreich.
- Byun JG, Lee WK, Nor DK, Kim SH, Choi JK, Lee YJ (2010): The Relationship between Tree Radial Growth and Topographic and Climatic factors in Korea. Korean Forest Society. pp 34.
- Byun JG, Choi SH, Kwak HB, Son Y, Son YM, Lee WK (2011): Growth response model of dbh to climate change using tree ring data. Ecology Society of Japan. Sapporo Convention center, Japan.
- Byun JG, Lee WK, Kim SH, Nor DK (2009): Tree Ring DB and Application in National Forest Inventory. International Symposium on National Forest Inventory - Forest Resources Monitoring & Climate Change. Kangwon, Korea Forest Research Institute, Korea. pp 66-67.