Ottermanns, Richard, Dr. rer. nat. Dipl.-Ing. (UBC)
Leader of the Working Group Computational Ecology (COPE)
|Telefon:||+49 (0) 241 / 80-26688|
|Fax:||+49 (0) 241 / 80-22182|
Our research is focused on patterns and processes dynamical systems, mainly ecological populations and communities. Most important research topics are:
- NODYN: Non-linear dynamics - Bifurcation and its implications for ecological resilience
- ENTRO: Entropy - Self-organized ecosystem integrity and its relation to negentropic information flow
- LIMMO: Limitations in ecological modelling - Epistemological consequences of Gödel‘s incompleteness theorems
- ECNET: Ecological networks - Machine learning algorithms for the integration of theory and observations
- ECOMP: Complexity in ecological structure and dynamics
For more information please see the working group's homepage (link below).
For an event schedule please see the working groups' Gopherspace (link below).
- Gesellschaft für Wissenschaftsphilosophie (GWP)
- Ecological Society of Germany, Austria and Switzerland (GfÖ)
- Research Institute for Ecosystem Analysis and Assessment RWTH Aachen University (gaiac)